This month, I hauled quite a lot of books. Almost half of these where given to me by publishers, which I am so grateful for. The books I did buy are ones I am truly excited to get to soon and what makes this haul special is that I bought my first physical copy in many months.
Let us look at all the books I bought and received this month!
- Midnight Sun (The Twilight Saga #5) by Stephenie Meyer: I finished this book about over a week ago and even though I enjoyed it, I am glad to be done with the series. To be honest, I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would but I will talk about it more in my wrap up post tomorrow.
- You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria: This book has one of the most stunning covers and I have been seeing it everywhere lately. I preordered it and as a bonus, received access to the webtoon of the meeting between the two main characters. It was so cute and it only made me want to get to the book even more.
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary: I downloaded the audiobook for this one a while back on NetGalley and when I saw the ebook for really cheap, I decided to buy it to read and listen to later on.
- The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor #1) by Jessica Townsend: This middle grade series is one I have been wanting to get to for such a long time as I have heard nothing but amazing things about it.
- The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow #1) by Kalyn Josephson: The cover of this one is so stunning and I bought it in the hopes of binging the first two books in the series as the second one released recently.
- Wicked Fox (Gumiho #1) by Kat Cho: I saw this one for quite cheap on my Kindle and just had to download it.
- Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust: Many bookstagrammers have been talking about this book and I am really hoping to get to it soon to see what I will think about it.
- Galatea by Madeline Miller: I read The Song of Achilles a while back and have been wanting to read more of the author’s books ever since. I think this one is really short, so I am hoping to get through it quickly, soon.
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham: I started binge watching Gilmore Girls a few months ago and so, I am interested in reading Lauren’s story as I really loved her in the TV series.
- Foundryside (The Founders Trilogy #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett: I will be joining the Busy Bee Book Club next month and as this is the pick, I bought it in advance in the hopes of getting a bit of a head start.
- Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas: This one is for the September book club pick for the Literally Dead Book Club.
- A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin #1) by Roseanne A. Brown: I have been wanting to read this book since it released and I am buzzing with excitement to get to it for The Crusty Club Book Club in September.
PHYSICAL BOOK BOUGHT
- Unravel the Dusk (The Blood of Stars #2) by Elizabeth Lim: I was given an eARC of this book for a blog tour I did last month (you can find it here). The first book was given to me by Penguin Random House South Africa a while back and as I loved this one so much, I decided to buy the paperback so that they are finally together.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM PUBLISHERS, AUTHORS & BLOG TOURS
To see the review copies I was given this month, make sure to check out my blog post here.
Keep reading and never stop telling stories.