I have not bought many books this month but did receive some wonderful review copies from publishers, which I am immensely grateful for. The books that I did buy, I am planning on reading in next month for a readathon that I am really excited for.
Let us look at all the books I bought and received this month!
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus: I finished this book a few weeks ago for a readathon I was participating in and I ended up really enjoying it. It was, in my opinion, better than the first book and I still think about it now and then.
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid: I bought this one because I wanted to read it for The Reading Rush readathon as it was the book club pick but did not manage to get to it. I am hoping to pick it up soon, though.
- Forests of Souls by Lori M. Lee: This one was one of my most anticipated releases. I am super excited for it and am hoping to get to it soon!
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi: I got an eARC of the second book in this series and so, I finally bought a copy of the first book. I will be binge reading these two books next month and let you know my thoughts on them.
- Empty Bottles Full of Stories by R.H. Sin and Robert M. Drake: This poetry book is one I have been wanting to read for a very long time and I will finally be reading it next month for a readathon I will be participating in (post for my TBR to come soon).
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah: Yet another book I am hoping to pick up next month for the readathon mentioned above. I just know this book will be such an important read and I am looking forward to read the author’s story.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM NETGALLEY
- The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves #2) by Roshani Chokshi: I have been wanting to read The Gilded Wolves for the longest time and when I saw that this one was available to read, I immediately downloaded it. I am buzzing with excitement to binge read these two books in the coming weeks!
- Fable (Fable #1) by Adrienne Young: This is one I have been seeing around in the book community and so, when I saw it available on NetGalley, I just had to download it as well.
- A Golden Fury by Samantha Cohoe: This one was yet another one that was available for download and when I read the synopsis, I could not help myself. I am really looking forward to get to it soon!
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary: I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the author’s novel, The Flatshare, and when I saw this one was available for download on NetGalley, I decided to download it as my first audiobook review copy. It sounds so cute and just something to distract one from all other problems.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM EDELWEISS
- Super Fake Love Song by David Yoon: I read the author’s debut novel, Frankly in Love, a while back and really enjoyed it. I saw that his newest release was available for download on Edelweiss and I just had to get it. I am really looking forward to getting to this one soon!
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE SOUTH AFRICA
• The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu: I was so pleasantly surprised when I received this book from PRH SA as I have not received any book mail since quarantine started four months ago. This book was one of my most anticipated releases and I am so happy to finally have a copy of it in my hands. Many thank yous to them for providing me with this review copy!
Keep reading and never stop telling stories.
2 thoughts on “JULY BOOK HAUL”
Ah, this is such a great haul! I also managed to grab David Yoon’s new book and can’t wait to read his books :) Need to get my hands on Such A Fun Age too. And ahh still not over that Forest of Souls cover because WOW. Very intrigued by The Switch too, I LOVED The Flatshare but idk if the synopsis sounds like my thing. Also, yesss Kingdom of Back CANNOT WAIT. I’ve been loving playing piano again lately and so excited to read it.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! I know, right? I’m so in love with it. Yes, I completely get that. I have been wanting to read something light and fluffy and so, I hope this will be a great read. Ah, that’s so cool! I have always wanted to learn how to play the piano, since I was a little girl, but there was just never enough time for it 🤍✨
LikeLiked by 1 person