These past few months have been a major wake up call not just to me but to many other people as well. We are facing very difficult but important times and so, to educate myself more, I bought a few important books this month and I was also lucky enough to have received a handful of wonderful books.
Let us look at all the books I bought and received this month!
- Daughters of Nri by Reni K. Amayo: I have been seeing this book everywhere on book Twitter and was immediately captivated by the gorgeous cover and the intriguing synopsis. Really looking forward to get to it next month!
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo: This one is a recent release that I have been wanting to get to as a lot of people have been talking about it. I read The Poet X by the author over a year ago and really loved it so I am excited to pick this one up too.
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson: Everyone has been talking about this book and I have really been dying to read it. I do not read enough memoirs but have been wanting to change that since the beginning of the year.
- Why I Am No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge: The Black Lives Matter movement is something that has influenced me in many ways and I am trying to be better and do better. Black lives matter now and every single day. I decided to start with this book as it is one I have been wanting to get to for a long time.
- The Raven and the Dove by Kaitlyn Davis: A few of my book blogger friends have been talking about this book for a while now and so, I decided to finally buy it as it looks absolutely magical.
- Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me by Mariko Tamaki: I have been wanting to read more graphic novels and I am so happy to have finally gotten my hands on a copy of this one. A lot of people have been talking about it for a while now, so I am glad to finally get to it.
- Monstress Volume 1: Awakening by Majorie M. Liu: I have not heard much about these graphic novels but have been seeing it around a few times and just decided to get a copy to see what it is all about.
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell: This graphic novel is one I have been wanting to get to for such a long time as it sounds so cute.
- Nyx by Jonathan Hunter: A few months back the author kindly sent me his books for free to read and review and this month, he messaged me about his newest short story being free on Amazon. I immediately bought it on my Kindle and I am honestly so excited to binge read all his books soon.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM NETGALLEY
- The Black Kids by Christina Hammonds Reed: Everyone on Twitter has been talking about this book and I was so happy to have received a copy. It sounds so interesting and I am buzzing with excitement to finally pick it up this coming month!
- Historically Inaccurate by Shay Bravo: This is yet another one I am excited for. The synopsis sounds really interesting and I love the gorgeous cover.
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow: I read the author’s debut novel, The Ten Thousand Doors of January, in January this year and really loved it. This one is one of my anticipated releases of the year, so I was elated to have received a copy.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM A BLOG TOUR
- Shielded by Kaylynn Flanders: The cover immediately grabbed my attention when I first saw it and I was so, so happy and grateful to have been accepted for the blog tour of this one. I cannot wait to read it really soon and let you all know what I think.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM JONATHAN BALL PUBLISHERS
- My Dark Vanessa by Katherine Elizabeth Russell: I was so happy to have received this book from Jonathan Ball Publishers, so many thank yous to them! This book has appeared everywhere on bookstagram and it sounds like such an important read. I am really looking forward to read and review it to let you all know my thoughts on it.
I am honestly so grateful and excited for all the books I bought and received this month. Next month, I am hoping to get to most of them but we shall see. What books did you buy/receive this month?
Keep reading and never stop telling stories.
2 thoughts on “JUNE BOOK HAUL”
OOOOh I’ve been wanting to read Pumpkin Heads too. It looks like an adorable graphic novel.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m halfway through and it really is so cute!