I received and bought quite a few books this month. Most of these books were sent to me by publishers and authors, which I am so grateful for. Lately, I have been wanting to read more on my Kindle and so, I bought a few ebooks that I have been wanting to get to for a while.
Let us look at the books I hauled and received during the month!
These are the books I bought on my Kindle this month. With everything going on in the world, I decided to buy ebooks instead of physical books because I am a bit hesitant to receive packages due to the virus. Another thing was that most of these books’ prices were brought down a little and so, I just jumped at the chance.
- House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas: This book was one of my most anticipated releases on the year. I bought it as an ebook because I just could not wait for it to be shipped out (which usually takes up to a month). I finished it in the first week since it had been released and absolutely loved it. Will be talking more about it in my wrap up and will be writing a full review in April.
- Caraval, Legendary & Finale by Stephanie Garber: When I saw that these books where on a sort-of sale, I one-clicked immediately. I have been wanting to read this trilogy for so, so long and now that I finally have a copy of each book, I cannot wait to dive into this world. People on bookstagram had nothing but amazing things to say of them, which only makes me more excited.
- Snape: A Definitive Reading by Lorrie Kim: I admit, Severus Snape is not the best character and his choices definitely are not the greatest, but I think he may be one of my all-time favourite characters. He is one of the most complex characters I have ever read about and I think J.K. Rowling wrote his story so well. Ever since I have gotten to know him when I read Harry Potter for the first time last year, I have been wanting to learn more about his background and story. I saw this book going around the bookish community a few times now and decided to give it a try.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE SOUTH AFRICA
Thank you once again to Penguin Random House SA for sending me these review copies!
- Are You Watching? by Vincent Ralph: When I read the synopsis, I was immediately intrigued. I have been wanting to slowly get back into the mystery/thriller genre and so, this book sounded like the perfect start.
- Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough: I do not know much about this book but I found the synopsis quite interesting. The book does not look that big, so I think it might be a quick read.
- Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman: The publisher kindly added this one to the package as well. I know nothing about it (I think it might be the first book in a series) but am looking forward to picking it up in the near future.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM NETGALLEY
- Ghosted in L.A. Volume 1 by Sina Grace: The synopsis completely grabbed my interest. I kept all my fingers crossed, hoping to get approved for this book when I requested it and was so happy when I did. I read it over this past weekend, and I think I might have had too high expectations for it. I will talk about it more in my wrap and review (coming soon), though.
- Eat, and Love Yourself by Sweeney Boo: It has been a while since I read a synopsis I found so cute. NetGalley and BOOM! Studios definitely made my day when I got approved and was given a copy. I already read it and absolutely loved it. A full review will be published in the coming month.
- Eighteen Inches by Mirtha Michelle Castro Mármol: Poetry is a genre I love with all my heart. I have been on the hunt for more poetry books and this one stood out on NetGalley. I am really looking forward to getting to it in the next few days.
BOOKS RECEIVED FROM AN AUTHOR
- Tournament of the Lost (The Lost Aeden #1) by Jonathan Hunter: The author sent me a message on Instagram, asking me if I would like to read and review these two books and I immediately agreed. My friends, who have already read these books, absolutely loved them and I cannot wait to get to them as well. I have been in such a fantasy mood lately and just know I will enjoy them.
- The First Gate by Jonathan Hunter: This one is a short story and I think I will really fly through it. So excited to start reading it soon!
That is it for the books I received this month! I love them all and cannot wait to binge read them. What books did you receive/buy this month?
Keep on reading and never stop telling stories.